Unfortunately, some people don’t use the internet and websites like ours in the best interest of others. That is why below you find the terms and conditions of TEUR Pte. Ltd. and its brand Investeur to legally protect us and yourself. The text doesn’t read like a good novel, but the intention is honest and we worked diligently to formulate it fairly and correctly. If we did not entirely succeed, please let us know via [email protected] so we can check and change in applicable cases.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms” or “Agreement” or “Terms and Conditions”) are an agreement between TEUR Pte. Ltd. as the operator of www.investeur.co, www.thestartupbuddy.co, www.thestartupmarket.co and http://investeur.goldeneggcheck.com/ (“Website operator”, “us”, “we” or “our”) and you (“user”, “you” or “your”).
TEUR Pte. Ltd. is a Singapore registered company (UEN201621739R).
This Agreement sets forth the general Terms and Conditions of your use of the Websites www.investeur.co, www.thestartupbuddy.co, www.thestartupmarket.co and http://investeur.goldeneggcheck.com/ and any of its products or services (collectively, “Websites” or “Services”).
These Terms and Conditions written on any of the Websites shall manage your use of the Websites and any of its Services including but not limited to subscription of your company, listing of your services, buying and selling any services from us or third parties listed on the Websites. It furthermore lays out the terms about protection of personal data. By using the Websites, you agree to accept all Terms and Conditions written in here. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the Websites and its Services.
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions, and to abide by and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
If you subscribe to any of the Services under the name of a legal entity, you affirm to act as representative or duly authorized legal person to act in the name of that entity to contract the Services.
3. Intellectual property rights
Other than the content you own or content which is explicitly specified as content from external sources, TEUR Pte. Ltd. owns all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in the Websites. You are granted limited access only for purposes of viewing and/or sharing with referring to the Websites as the source of the material. TEUR Pte. Ltd. may use intellectual property and materials users upload for publicly visible purposes for its own marketing. TEUR Pte. Ltd. will not use your intellectual property and materials when you uploaded it for private use.
This Agreement does not transfer to you any intellectual property of Website operator or third parties. All right, title, and interest in and to such intellectual property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Website operator. All trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Website or Services, are intellectual property, trademarks or registered trademarks of Website operator or third parties. Your use of our Websites and Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Website operator or third-party trademarks unless by clearly referring to the Websites or its third parties as the source.
4. Membership account
If you create a membership account and/or subscribe to any of the Services, your login credentials will be personally in your name. You are responsible for the data you submit and services you offer which shall not be offensive neither shall be in contradiction with any laws and regulations of the jurisdictions you or us are operating in. You will keep any of your submitted data up to date and maintain the security of your membership account and login credentials. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with it.
Providing false contact information of any kind or data and/or services which contravene respective laws and regulations may result in the termination of your account. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We may suspend, disable, or delete your account (or any part thereof) if we determine that you have violated any provision of this Agreement or that your conduct or content would tend to damage our reputation and goodwill.
If you subscribe to a fee-based Service, the price and conditions will be stated separately during the subscription process and upfront before you make any payments.
For selling your products or services to our users by listing on our Websites, you need to agree to a separate pricing agreement including conditions which are displayed at the beginning of the listing procedure.
For payments to be made for fee-based subscriptions or Services we will use third-party providers such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors. They have their own terms and policies in accordance to their respective laws and jurisdiction and in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. We recommend that you read their terms and policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
6. Website access
You are responsible for accessing the Websites using your internet connection, even if access to internet connection is granted by another legal person.
No guarantees of the functioning of the Websites or its Services are given. Users are themselves responsible for their actions entering into any Services. The Website operator can under no circumstances be liable for damage that is caused to the user.
We make no promise that the information and materials on the Websites are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Singapore. Accessing the Websites from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Websites from elsewhere, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws and regulations.
Despite ongoing efforts to keep all proprietary content up to date, Website operator can not guarantee all content on the Websites are up to date and accurate. Third parties listing their services on our Websites are responsible for keeping their own data and information up to date.
We perform regular backups of the Websites and Content and will do our best to ensure completeness and accuracy of these backups. In the event of the hardware failure or data loss we will restore backups automatically to minimize the impact and downtime.
You are not allowed to publish any Websites’ material in any other media, sell, sublicense and/or otherwise commercialize any Websites’ material unless your sharing does not contain content protected by subscription/listing and does not harm the Websites or its users in any way. In case you are not certain, you inform us prior to using the materials to obtain specific approval.
You are prohibited from using the Websites contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way which may cause harm to the Websites, its Services, the Website operator or to any person or business entity. Any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to the Websites unless specific approval has been granted by us in writing, is not allowed.
We have the right, though not the obligation, to, in our own sole discretion, refuse, change or remove any content that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any of our Terms or is in any way harmful or objectionable for the Websites or our users.
Certain areas of the Websites may be restricted from being accessed by you and can be only accessed via membership subscription. Any user ID and password you may have for the subscription Services are confidential and shall not be shared by you.
8. Third party websites
The Websites and its Services provide links to other websites and online resources. We are not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation with any linked website, unless specifically stated. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of, any businesses or individuals or the content of their websites. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, services and content of any other third parties.
Once you leave our Websites or are redirected to a third-party website or application, you are no longer governed by this Agreement. You should carefully review the legal statements and other conditions of use of any website which you access through a link from our Websites.
9. Data protection
Your personal data and the information that you share with us, is treated with the utmost respect and care and in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act in Singapore.
9.1 Data collection and usage
When you subscribe to our Websites and Services we collect personal information you give us. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our Websites or otherwise provided to us at servers located in Singapore and/or other countries worldwide.
When you visit our Websites, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our Websites, to personalize your online experience and to record information about your visit to our Websites. We may allow third parties to display advertisements on our Websites for which they may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with these advertisements and connect to these websites.
When you browse our Websites, we can receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your preferences to service you better. We may also collect other information such as your browser type and language, access times, content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us and the referring website address.
We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use on our Websites. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our Websites’ visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
You agree that we may collect, use and disclose your personal data you provided to us for any of the following purposes:
- to provide you with any of our products or Services;
- to bill for any of our products and Services provided to you; and to request for, or enforce, payment of the same;
- to arrange for third parties to help us provide our products or Services to you, including (among other things) storage, tracking or delivery of our products or Services;
- to better serve you by matching your preferences or needs with relevant products or services;
- to communicate with you regarding our Websites, Services, programs or events;
- to provide you with information on selected third parties’ websites, products, services, programs or events which we think may be of interest to you;
- to respond to your queries or requests;
- to manage our business operations and to improve our business, Websites, Services, programs or events;
- to investigate any wrongdoing in relation to our business, Websites, Services, programs or events;
- for legal purposes, including obtaining legal advice, managing disputes and risks, complying with any laws;
- any other purposes relating to the above purposes.
The ways in which we may collect personal data include (but are not limited to) collecting directly or indirectly data from you in the course of:
- Visiting our Websites
- Subscribing to a Service
- Contacting us with queries, requests or feedback
- Participating in our marketing or events
- Conducting market research or surveys
- Signing up for alerts or newsletters
- Applying for a job with us
- Conducting interviews
You agree that we may collect, use and disclose your personal data you provided to us for providing the following types of marketing communications: newsletters and updates via email, information about our Services via email, information about third parties’ products and services via email.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to decline participation at any time.
All requests to have personal data removed from our databases or physical storage facilities will be entertained and performed within Website operator’s reasonable abilities and timelines. If after you provided personal information, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
9.3. Data disclosure
We will only use, disclose and/or transfer personal data for the purposes you have been notified of and consented to or which are permitted under applicable laws and regulations. We will not sell, rent or give away personal data to third parties for commercial purposes without prior consent.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by laws or regulations to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
9.4. Aggregated data and non-personal information
We may share aggregated information (i.e., information about you and other subscribers collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you) and other non-personal information we collect under any of the above stated circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Websites. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
9.5. Data Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
However, we cannot fully guarantee to secure personal data from cyber-attacks, such as hacking, spyware and viruses. You cannot hold us liable for any unauthorized disclosure, loss or destruction of personal data arising from such risks.
We will not store personal data longer than necessary but will cease to retain the personal data when it is no longer required for the purposes we originally notified you for or any business or legal needs.
If you are visiting our Websites from outside Singapore, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored and processed in Singapore where our servers are located and our central database is operated. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected.
10. Limitation of liability
In no event shall TEUR Pte. Ltd., nor any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, be held liable for any damage or liability arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Websites.
You agree to indemnify and hold Website operator and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred in connection with or arising from any third-party allegations, claims, actions, disputes, or demands asserted against any of them as a result of or relating to your content, subscription, your use of the Websites or Services or any willful misconduct on your part including breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
13. Changes and amendments
TEUR Pte. Ltd. is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using the Websites you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis. We reserve the right to modify this Agreement relating to the Websites or Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement on the Websites. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. Continued use of the Websites after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. We recommend that you check our Websites from time to time to inform yourself of any changes.
TEUR Pte. Ltd. is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. In the case our business is partially or completely acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
You are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
15. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. Any disputes deem to be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Singapore for resolution.
17. Contacting us
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us under [email protected]
Agreement for listing services
For listing your services on any website of TEUR Pte. Ltd. (currently: www.thestartupbuddy.co, www.investeur.co, www.thestartupmarket.co or http://investeur.goldeneggcheck.com/), you agree to the following terms between TEUR Pte. Ltd. as the operator of this website (“Website operator”, “us”, “we” or “our”) and you.
- As soon as a user of our website (hereinafter referred to as “user” or “client” including its plural) is buying any services from you, you will receive the contact data (name and email address) of this client immediately after the transaction is submitted via our website.
- You agree to start servicing the client immediately after the transaction is submitted via our website and not later than 3 working days after the transaction. That includes making first contact and arrangements for providing the services to the client.
- You agree to pay TEUR Pte. Ltd. 15% of any transaction amounts which users pay for the services you offer on our website.
- The complete transaction amount will be collected by TEUR Pte. Ltd. from the users transacting with you. The commission fee of 15% will be deducted and the remainder will be transferred to your account.
- You have to send TEUR Pte. Ltd. an invoice. This is necessary for both your own and our financial and tax compliance. TEUR Pte. Ltd. will pay out the 7th working day after the transaction has been completed and you have correctly invoiced TEUR Pte. Ltd.. If you send your invoice after 7 working days, Teur Pte. Ltd. will transfer as soon as possible after receiving the correct invoice. Your invoice has to be send to: TEUR Pte. Ltd., UEN 201621739R either via XERO or an email to [email protected].
- If the user informs TEUR Pte. Ltd. after 3 working days but before the 6th working day after the transaction that your service as a provider has not yet started and you can not evidence the opposite in writing, the full payment will be refunded to them.
- In case TEUR Pte. Ltd. needs to refund a purchase to a user for a service that you listed, TEUR Pte. Ltd. will charge and invoice 5% of the purchase value to you to cover administration and transaction fees that you agree to pay by accepting these terms.
- You are solely responsible for the content and services you post on our website. TEUR Pte. Ltd. is not liable for any direct or indirect damage to any party caused by your listing or actions.
- All Terms and Conditions stated on our website are applicable to this transaction.
Agreement for buying services
By buying your services on this website, you agree to the following terms between TEUR Pte. Ltd. as the operator of this website (“Website operator”, “us”, “we” or “our”) and you.
- As soon as you buy on our website your contact data (name and email address) will be shared with the service provider that posted the listing on our website.
- The service provider is responsible for starting to service you immediately after the transaction is submitted via our website and not later than 3 working days after the transaction. Start of service includes that the service provider makes first contact and arrangements for providing the services to you.
- Make sure your contact data (name and email address) are correct so the service provider can contact you. In case of an error in your data, please inform TEUR Pte. Ltd. via [email protected] or update your profile.
- The complete transaction amount will be collected by TEUR Pte. Ltd.
- If the service provider has not started servicing you within 3 working days after the transaction was submitted via our website you have to inform us via [email protected]
- Teur Pte. Ltd. will refund you your full payment only if you inform us before the 6th working day after the transaction took place and only if the service provider cannot evidence in writing to have started servicing you. Qualifying refunds will be made to you on the 7th working day after the transaction.
- After the 7th working day, any complaints you than still have about the service have to be handled between you and the service provider.
- TEUR Pte. Ltd. is not liable for any direct or indirect damage to any party caused by listings, actions, etc.. on our website. You are encouraged to make sure you understand the service you are buying before making payment.
- All Terms and Conditions stated on our website are applicable to this transaction.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated April 2018